Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Jerry Barker (Ch35 / Q10)

If I were Jerry at this point of the story I would continue to treat Beauty exactly as I was now. In this chapter learn more about Jerry. Beauty says that he never knew a better man. He also said that he was as kind and as good as John Manly. If Jerry wants Beauty to be happy he should just keep on treating him the same way. Jerry also never made the horses go faster for an extra fair but always went at fair even pace. But he was not against putting on steam if he only knew why. Beauty remembers that one day a young man carrying a heavy load slipped on an orange peel and he slipped. Jerry helped him into a nearby shop in tell he felt better. The man then asked Jerry to get him to a train on time. So Jerry put on the steam and got him there on time. He didn’t even take the extra money that was offered.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say hey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home