Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Sunday Cab (Ch36 / Q22)

In this chapter the character Mr. Briggs reminds me of my little sister, Hannah, because they both try and try to get there way. In this chapter a very good customer, Mr. Briggs, comes to ask Jerry if he would take Mrs. Briggs to church on Sundays. Jerry of course refused because he only has a six day cab license and he doesn't want to loose his Sundays with his family. He told Mr. Briggs that he had once had a seven day license but the work was to hard for him and his horses. So Mr. Briggs tells Jerry that he will just find another cab driver. I still hope he never goes back to a seven day license.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home