Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Golden Rule (Ch37 / Q27)

An important quote from this chapter is: "but you know we should do to other people as we should like they should do to us; and I know very well what I should like if my mother was dying, and Jerry, dear, I am sure it won't break the Sabbath, for if pulling a poor beast or donkey out of a pit would not spoil it, I am quite sure taking poor Dinah would not do it". Because it means that you should always, Sabbath or no Sabbath, help people in need. In this chapter everything goes back to normal. Mrs. Barry has once again started calling on Jerry to take her places again, but never on Sunday. But once they did work on Sunday because a friend of Jerry's wife's mother was dieing and Jerry took her to be able to see her mother alive. Also when they got there, Beauty was able to run around and lie down when he hadn't been able to for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home