Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Friday, August 12, 2005

Dolly and a Real Gentleman (Ch38 / Q27)

An important quote from this chapter is, "There, Dolly, that's a gentleman; that's a real gentleman, Dolly; he has time and thought for the comfort of a poor cab man and a little girl", I think that it is saying that every one should be like the real gentleman. in this chapter Dolly meets a real gentleman. One day when Dolly had just brought Jerry his meal and was sitting down to eat when a man came up to hirer Jerry's cab. Jerry started to put down his bowl when the man said that even though he didn't have much spare time he would wait until he was finished. And that was how Dolly met a real gentleman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home