Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Farmer Thoroughgood (Ch48 / Q13)

If I could interview the author of Black Beauty, I would ask her the following questions:

1) Why did you get Beauty to go back to cab work?
2) Why did you make Ginger die?

In this chapter Beauty returns to a place that actually cares about him. At the horse fair Beauty is bought by a gentleman farmer named Mr Thoroughgood and his grandson Willie. Beauty is let out into a meadow and is taken care of very well. That next spring he was a fit as a fiddle and they decided it was time to find him a nice home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home