Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Jakes and the Lady (Ch46 / Q30)

The character Jakes revealed something now about himself when he said, "Yes, Yes, too heavy, but that's not my fault. The foreman came just as we were starting, and would have three hundred-weight more put on to save time trouble, and I must get on with it as well as I can." He revealed that he is not a horrible guy and was only following orders. Beauty now works at a corn dealers and bakery. Jerry sold him there because he would have fair work and good food. If it were not for one foreman, it would probably be true. He almost always made them take on more even if they were full. He also had them use check reins as well. One day with a heavy load as usual, a lady came up and told Jakes why Beauty was having so much trouble. So Jakes from then on either let the check-rein out a few holes, or on hills, gave him his head altogether. Luckily for Beauty a younger horse can to do that job and Beauty was sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home