Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Old Captain and his Successor (Ch44 / Q6)

This chapter made me think about when my Great Grandma Nana died because Captain was like family and he died. In this chapter captain moves on to a better place. That place is heaven. Yes, Captain is severely wounded by a drunk and Jerry puts him out of his misery. Jerry then gets a new horse named Hotspur. Hotspur is a five year old and full of spirit. Jerry likes him a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home