Beauty's Readin Log

This blog is my summer reading journal for my pre-AP English class. They require a chapter by chapter journal. This year's book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. My teachers provided a list of reader response lead-ins that we must use to start the topic of that journal entry for that chapter. I hope that you enjoy my logs and maybe you will read Black Beauty too! Check out Hoppin Readin Review for other reviews

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Hard Times (Ch47 / Q31)

The line, "Oh! he can do it all right sir; send up the boxes, porter; he could take more than that; and he helped to haul up a box so heavy that I could feel the springs go down." in this chapter speaks to me personally because every once and a while my dad makes me do something that's slightly beyond my abilities. Now Beauty works for the same cab dealer as poor Seedy Sam, Nicholas Skinner. He has a harsh voice and a hard heart, ant the person that drives Beauty is more or less the same. He even makes Beauty work at his absolute limit and a little beyond. Beauty's driver once made him carry so many boxes of luggage that Beauty almost died. The was the end of his time there. Thank goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home